The Bench Theater at New Tile House Hakka Cultural District is going to celebrate its 13th anniversary! Hsinchu County Magistrate Chiu Ching-chun shows that the event will take place from July 21st. Great films including "Back to the Good Times," "Despicable Me 3," " Coco," and " Spider-Man: Homecoming" will be screened one after another. Visitors will have a lot of fun from afternoon to evening at the Bench Theater.
HSIN TUNG YANG is the sole patron of this year's Bench Theater. General Manager Mai Sheng-yang indicates that the company has been running Guanxi Service Area since 1993 and has become a member of Hsinchu County. After knowing the Bench Theater by chance, HSIN TUNG YANG decided to sponsor the cultural event for one million dollars, for its business philosophy perfectly fits the main purpose of the event.
In addition, there will be splendid warm-up activities before the start of the movies. On July 21st, Robin Tseng will lead his band to perform refreshing Hakka songs, and Apple Theater will present the classic play, "Pinocchio". Besides, the New Tile House Folk Drum Troupe will also give an opening performance for the Bench Theater. On July 28th, yoyo player and world record keeper Yang Yuan-ching will bring a breathtaking yoyo show, and Hyper Kids' Theater will present the play, "Little Tarzan" and Majimeow Dance Show.
This year's Bench Theater also features a movie scene art area and fan meetings with movie characters for the first time. The main characters in the movies screened at the Bench Theater will appear on the hour (4 p.m., 5 p.m., and 6 p.m.). So, do not miss the rare chance to take pictures with Minions and Spiderman!
Freebies you may get at this year's Bench Theater:
July 21st- Magic shows & Balloon shows with limited twisted balloon souvenirs to give away
- 15:00-17:30 Stamp Collection Challenge: Complete the required tasks and collect 15 stamps to get a cartoon rabbit hand pressure fan (only 150 hand pressure fans to give away each day on July 21st and 28th). Visitors can also get free pineapple cakes provided by HSIN TUNG YANG if giving correct answers in a quiz game (only 600 pineapple cakes to give away).
- 15:00-19:00 Street Artists' Shows:
July 28th- Bubble shows & Cotton candy shows with limited cotton candy to give away
- 15:00-20:00 Questionnaire Completion: Fill out an online questionnaire at the service counter to get a handheld circular fan (only 500 fans to give away).
- 15:00-21:00 Merry-Go-Round: Visitors can take a ride on the merry-go-round for free.
- 16:00-17:00 Frozen Treats: Visitors who bring their own stools will be given a number by which they can get a free popsicle from 17:00 to 18:30 (only 400 popsicles to give away).
- 18:00-19:00 Stage Performance: Hyper Kids' Theater will give away 200 pencils to children.
- 21:00-22:00, July 28th Lucky Draw Campaign: Visitors who get a leaflet of the 2018 Bench Theater, successfully collect 2 stamps after watching two movies, and fill out the online questionnaire can get lucky draw tickets at the service counter from 15:00 to 20:00 (only 100 lucky draw tickets for winning the limited-edition stool and only 600 lucky draw tickets for winning other prizes). The lucky draw box will be sealed at 20:30.
For more information, please refer to the Facebook Fan Page of Cultural Affairs Bureau.