Welcome to the Official Website of Hsinchu County (hereafter known as this Website). To ensure peace of mind when using the services and information provided by this Website, we offer the following explanation of our Privacy and Data Protection Policy (hereafter known as this Policy) in order to protect your rights. Please read the following items carefully:
I. Applicability of this Policy
The contents of this Policy applies to how this Website (specifically the http://www.hsinchu.gov.tw and hsinchu.gov.tw domains) uses the personal information it collects as you use its services. This Policy does not apply to websites outside of this domain to which this Website may link, nor does it apply to personnel not acting on behalf of or administering this Website.
II. Collection, Processing, and Use of Personal Information
When you use the services provided by this Website, or participate in events and activities associated with it, we may request personal information needed for the service, activity, or event. Your information will be processed and used only for the service, activity, or event for which you specifically provided the information. This Website will not use your information in any other way without your written permission.
- When you use the Contact Us form, respond to surveys, subscribe to e-mail newsletters, or use other interactive services, this Website will record and save your name, your e-mail address, your contact information, and the time you accessed the service.
- When you register for a wireless internet account, you will be requested to provide your personal information, mobile phone number, and e-mail address for registration purposes.
- When you browse this Website or use wireless internet services provided by the Hsinchu County government, the server will automatically record your browsing information, including your IP address, session time, browser used, visited pages, and clicked links. This information will be saved to help us improve this Website.
- To provide better-targeted services, we will collect and analyze the results of the surveys we conduct on this Website. In addition to internal research use, statistics from the data collected or a text summary thereof may be made public when necessary; however, no specific user data will be made public.
III. Data Protection Measures and Rules
Any unauthorized attempts to upload content to this Website, or change the services or information provided by this Website, are strictly prohibited and may be in violation of the law. To ensure the safety of this Website and the continued provision of its services, the following safety measures are provided:
- Firewalls are in effect at access points to external networks to control data transmission and access between the internal and external networks.
- Intrusion detection systems are used to monitor data transmission and detect unauthorized attempts to upload, change, or destroy website content.
- Anti-virus software is installed on the website server to provide a safer browsing environment for users.
- Regular backups of essential data and software are performed to ensure a rapid return to normal operations in case of unforeseen disaster or storage media failure.
- If it becomes necessary to request services from related agencies or offices, the administrators of this Website will also demand their strict compliance with data privacy rules, and will take the necessary steps to ensure compliance.
- Software patches and system updates will be performed when needed to prevent illicit activities and protect the safety of this Website.
IV. External Links
V. Third-Party Data Sharing Policy
- This Website will not provide, trade, lease, or sell your personal information to other persons, organizations, private corporations, or government agencies, except when required by law or contractual obligations.
Exceptions to the above item include but are not limited to cases where:
- You provide written permission to share your information.
- Sharing is required by law.
- Sharing is necessary for national security or the public interest.
- Sharing is necessary to prevent danger to your life, your body, your freedom, or your property.
- Sharing is required by government agencies or academic institutions for data analysis or academic research, and the information has been processed by the provider or collector to make the identification of specific parties impossible.
- Sharing is beneficial to your interests.
- When this Website entrusts outside parties with the task of collecting, processing, or using your personal information, we will supervise said parties responsibly as they complete their tasks.
To provide better services, this Website will store and access cookies on your computer. If you do not wish to accept cookies, you may adjust your browser's privacy settings to reject them. However, this may make it impossible for you to access some of the services provided by this Website.
VII. Revisions to this Policy
This Policy will be revised as needed. Revisions will be posted on this Website.
VIII. Questions Regarding Our Privacy and Data Protection Policy
If you have questions concerning our privacy or data protection policies, or about our collection, use, and updating of personal information, please contact us by e-mail at hchgL301@hchg.gov.tw.